The Ultimate Guide to Corporate Gift Ideas for Employees In 2022
By Ravi Taneja (Co-founder & Partner Succor Trendz)
Corporate gifting is the employer's way of appreciating the work without any obligation to the employees.
The working style changed after the pandemic struck. Most of the offices are working from home or in a hybrid culture. Due to the change in the working atmosphere, the gifting style must also change.
Corporate gifting when done right, leaves an impression on employees, clients, or prospects. The gifts should be relatable, usable and humane. A thoughtful corporate gift gives employees a sense of satisfaction and boosts their productivity and loyalty towards the brand.
Now the question is, how to come up with creative and impactful corporate gifting ideas? Stay with us. We will give you tips on selecting gifts and some suggestions that could become amazing gifts.
Points to keep in mind while deciding the gift
- Quality: Do not ever compromise on the quality. It is the most important point, or rather a rule, for giving a fulfilling gift. To hold back from spending on good quality, branded gifts. For example, a well-known electronics brand, a gift from a Luxury leather brand, or a luxury meal pass could make terrific gifts. It makes employees feel that the company values them and is not just following a tradition of gifting. Even if the gifting budget is low, cut on the number of items or switch to a product that will incur less cost but do not compromise on the quality.
- The gift should be personalised yet appropriate: Corporate gifts should give a feeling of belongingness. Giving a personalised touch to the gifts can accomplish this task. They have to be thoughtful and should maintain decency and a formal protocol. Having employees' names engraved or printed on the gifts is a subtle and effective way to make them personalised. Adding a note goes a long way. A plus if the note is handwritten.
- When least expected: A person is more thrilled to receive a gift when it is least expected. Sending a gift on occasions such as birthday, anniversary, work anniversary, welcome to the team gift, welcome back (after recovering from a long illness, for example) will be more impactful than on cliche occasions like Diwali, Christmas and New Year.
- Give it yourself: The excitement to receive a gift from the boss makes the employees feel valued. It creates a bond between the employer and the employee, making the employee feel connected to the organisation. Personalised gifts add to the occasion and never fail. Impersonal gifts, on the other hand, are easily forgotten.
- Plan ahead of time: The time has been uncertain for the past two years. Planning ahead of time could prevent any upcoming global crisis that could impact imports/exports of the availability of the gifts you desire. Inflation or a rise in prices could also be avoided by planning.
- Presentation: The presentation of the gift plays an essential role in making an impactful gift. After deciding on the gifts, presenting them in formal and strong packaging is crucial. Try to use premium packing material, if possible.
- Don't make your gift a marketing statement: Do not make the gift a marketing statement. It is a mistake a lot of organizations commit. Printing the company’s logo or name on the gift steals the excitement of receiving a gift. Focus shifts from the recipient to the company. Employees don’t always like being a marketing statement for the company every time they use a product.
Corporate Gifts ideas for the year 2022
- Leather journals: Stationery products make a great gifting option for the employees. Everybody uses journals or notepads to keep personal records, jotting points or just doodling. If a journal is not just a journal, but a leather journal made of 100% Genuine Leather, its value magnifies and enters the premium gifts list.
- Work from home kit: The pandemic brought 360 degrees of change to the working style in the corporate sector, adding a work from home kit to the corporate gifting list. The kit can include a wireless mouse and keyboard, a laptop sleeve/bag and a comfortable chair with a proper backrest.
- Leather stuff: Leather accessories could make a great gifting choice. It carries an aesthetic feeling and has value. Some leather items that could be appealing to corporate employees are wallets, handbags, money clips, pencil case covers, pencil pouches, Journals, antique leather albums.
- Food items: A pack of premium assorted chocolates or a dry fruits basket can never go out of style for corporate gifting. These gifts make wonderful festival gifts.
- Tech items: Branded tech items are attractive and thoughtful gifts. They could also add to the working ease of employees, especially those working from their homes or in a hybrid setup. Some branded tech gifting options could be wireless noise cancellation headphones/earbuds, portable bluetooth speakers, smartwatches, power banks, etc.
- Gift hamper box: A hamper of goodies is one of the best gifting options for corporate setups. These kinds of gifts generally contain a couple of items such as a notebook, pen, chocolate box, leather wallet, money clip, a tech item, mugs, leather pouches, etc.
- The books or a kindle: What could be a better gift than a book that's been lying on your wishlist for months? Gifting a book of choice could be an incredible choice. The effort of getting to know the favourites of your staff has a personal touch like no other. Or a Kindle could also be a thoughtful gift. Nothing is greater than the gift of learning.
- Potted houseplants: Everybody likes to have plants. People even prefer to keep plants on or near their desks or near their working space. So, how about picking an air-purifying succulent? They are easy to take care of and purify the air around you. Pair it with a nice, ceramic personalized pot and you are done!
The meaning of a corporate gift is to express gratitude. When deciding on the gift, think about what it symbolises. Make the experience memorable for your employees or clients. A small gesture goes a long way. A thoughtful and branded quality gift portrays that the organization values their presence and input. Satisfied employees make the company climb the ladder of success. Succor Trendz has some excellent corporate gift options.